Make it light

Ability to make and present things in a lighter manner is a unique skill

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Away from Dosaland I

This may be a series of posts on my (Venu) path. For anyone living in Bangalore, you know what dosa and idli means. Imagine you are in a place where you hardly get any of the above...

Well since October 2010, I have been in HP, where you get dosas only in Manali and Shimla (I mean the decent ones). The price is more than Rs 65 for a masala dosa. And what you get in the name of dosa is unspeakable.

Food eaten here (HP) has very very less spice compared to south India. It took me almost 4 months for the food over here to register its taste on my tongue.And now (2012) if I eat anything in Bangalore its spicy for me!!!! What a change?!!

Its so cold here in Kullu that if you want to ferment idli - it will take about 5 days. For dosas a little less, maybe 3 days. But you dont get wht u get in Bangalore.  A swamiji from Bangalore ashram had eaten here once and - he hasnt eaten here again.

What you get here is Mo-mo, Thupka, Chowmein, Burger(?), Pizza(?). During the cold I would say Thupka is best (its noodles with soup). Well Leena is calling me to eat Mo-mo with our landlady. gotta go.
Well (mmm..) miss them some times

Ganesh Darshini - one of the best eateries for dosas in Bangalore


No comments:

Post a Comment