Make it light

Ability to make and present things in a lighter manner is a unique skill

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Daddy

As a kid I was not really interested in studies, though I made a show of it. So daddy being a math perfectionist had a tough time. For example, on a Sunday say he would explain a concept to me and then go to his office (yes he's tht dedicated) and come in the evening. What would i do the whole day? I would sit dreaming or watching TV or play with friends or just go plain scared looking at those math problems. Evening time came. My dad came to ask if I had done the problems. To escape his wrath I would say - Yes but I have a few doubts (remember those days no mobile phones - i am talking of the 1980s - so could not call him), and would ask him a few doubts on almost every problem and he would explain it. Well then, I had to complete the problems before sleeping!

That's Daddy - Dr. L. Radhakrishna (FRAS, London)
He created a subject (or joined two subjects) in Mathematics called Relativistic Rheology. He is currently retired - writing a book called Write Mathematics Right. Its a guide for mathematicians trying to publish a  research paper or a book in/on math. The uniqueness of this book is that its not boring - it has a THRILLS index and a HUMOR index - a first for Maths books!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment